Monday, July 21, 2008

Update!!

Since my last, non-apology post, I've gotten a lot done.

For instance, You remember those Jade Monkeys? Yeah, I'll be finished with those tomorrow. They had to take a quick break while I knit my mother's Mother's day socks that she actually didn't get until Early July. They're beautiful, though. Both pairs are. They'll be pictures, but today we're catching up.

I'm back in town (Washington, DC) not just for the summer but for the entire fall semester and through January as well, since I have that internship - more on that later - and I'm adjusting to being *sniff* away from my beloved NoHo KnitTers and my beloved WEBS. To that end, I've been becoming very active in the Ravelry community and been really working at exploring my new LYS which include Stitch DC, Knit Happens, Springwater Fibers and my new and most celebrated discovery: A Tangled Skein, but I'll talk more about stores later.

I've embarked on a few new skills - I'm knitting my first non-sock lace in the form of a Swallowtail Shawl, mainly because I desperately want to knit a Laminaria, maybe during the Ravelympics!!. (More later) And I'm knitting my first pair of Magic Loop Socks!!!

In other news, my stash is now firmly into a *second* plastic tub and I'm on a mini yarn diet - except for July 25th when there's a sale I have to support (More later). And I made my first destash sale!!

Whew - I think that's it for knitting news, but I'm also learning to drive and getting pretty good at it, employed as an etiquette teacher (bizarrely) and losing a fair amount of weight and Drief turns 5 in a month!!

Well, I think that qualifies as a pretty thorough update . . . Now to address some of the "more later"s . . .

No comments: