Friday, July 25, 2008

"More Later" Part II (Yarn Diet)

So, I've been making a list (and checking it twice) and I've finally realized that I have a stash that I could happily knit from for months without needing to buy anything except maybe a couple of needles here and there. In addition to the projects I already have on the needles, I've got the materials for . . .

1 shawl with Skacel - a Laminaria shawl
1 small shawl with Alpaca Cloud
1 small shawl w/ Knitpicks Shimmer
1 pair of fingerless gloves w/ Knitpicks Memories
1 Branching Out scarf w/ Knitpicks Gloss
1 pair of gloves w/ another skein of Knitpicks Gloss
1 pair of toe-up socks w/ Plymouth Sockotta (in addition to the cuff down ones I'm doing right now, 2-@-a-time)
1 pair of pomatomus socks w/ my orange Trekking XXL
1 pair of socks with my Flamingo yarn
1 socks & fingerless gloves set from my 3 skeins of Valley Yarns Huntington
Another (yoga) socks and fingerless gloves set from my Noro sock yarn
1 jacket out of my brand new collection of Rowan Designer DK wool
and a slew of stuff, probably enough for 1 pair of socks, 1 pair of armwarmers/ fingerless gloves, a hat, small shawl and a sweater from my two huge cones of Jaggerspun Maineline.

I know. Insane, right? Plus, between all the random skeins of worsted and otherwise in my stash, I've got enough for a number of hats and other small knick-knacks. I could knit for a year without buying more.

Yeah right.

But I'm pretty much on a yarn diet until further notice, probably until I go back to school for the Spring semester with a quick lapse in early November . . . I've heard Stitches East is coming to Baltimore!!!

Oh well, I'll try to be strong - I mean my food diet was going well until I came home for the summer, (and I'm getting that back on track as well) so I have faith in me! No more bringing money with me when I go to a Tangled Skein - unless I need needles.

(Slippery Slope Ahead. Exercise Caution.)

1 comment:

cici said...

Yes Be Strong, I was thinking the same thing. How about keeping the stash where you can see. I am trying this, I look at my stash every time I think I need more yarn. I was also thinking about putting a ticker tape to remind me when I bought yarn last.:D