Friday, July 25, 2008

"More Later" Part III (Springwater Fiber Workshop)

So, this isn't actually a store review, but it is a chronicle of what was likely my very last ever trip to the Springwater Fiber Workshop, (soon to no longer be) located in Alexandria, VA. After 20, maybe a few more, years in business they are closing their doors, and today they opened their going out of business sale. It was a madhouse!! I stood in line for about an hour (it was fun - I talked to knitters) and I was there 15mins before the store formally opened. I've heard that they were mostly cleaned out by closing time, but I might sneak back for a little hemp I left all on its lonesome (totally against my will, for I was out of cash T_T, but also probably a good thing because of the yarn diet that I am strengthing my resolve on today.

I eventually came away with 14 balls of Rowan's discontinued Designer DK Wool in blue, green and brown, a whopping 1610 meters - 1760 yards!! I wanted this cream-colored laceweight, but i just ran outta cash - and the second I took it out of my basket, it was swooped up by first one, and then another of my fellow waiters-in-line, so despite being sad not to be its proud owner, i at least know that it's gone to a good and loving home. Meanwhile, I've got @ least 2 sweaters' worth of yarn from Springwater by now, both (interestingly enough) at closing sales, but apparently this is the very last one they're going to be having. This is it!!



Talk about bittersweet situations.

No comments: