Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Never-Ending Projects

I don't know what it is about little projects, but sometimes I feel like they take so much longer than the bigger projects. For instance, that very same sweater I've been going on about seemed to have taken very little time to get done, and in actuality my total work time was about 2 1/2 weeks. The crazy thing is, I'm knitting a hat for my father at a bigger gauge, and yet it never seems to get done. No matter how many work shifts I devote to it (I have a monitor job that let's me sit on my backside and do whatever I want for hours at a time - with pay) and no matter how many times I drag it along to my knitting circle, it never seems to get any further along.

What's more, the longer it takes, the slower I seem to get work done on it. If I could just finish this $%!&-ing hat, I'd be able to devote myself to other people's Christmas presents and move along. As it is, I start other people's presents to avoid working on this never-ending hat and end up turning their presents into never-ending small projects as well. As an example - it's taken me two weeks to knit a 6in square for a cat toy I'm making.

I knit nearly all of a sweater in that time not even a month ago!!

I'm considering stuffing the hat underneath some of the less appealing yarns in my stash, taking a trip to the mall for Christmas presents and going back to fulfilling my sweater fantasies straight on through winter break.

No comments: