Saturday, October 27, 2007

Alas . . .

I think I may have come to my senses at last. I've been having some thoughts about my Christmas ambitions and have come up against this terrible problem: I don't want to make things that people don't want or won't use. I have several male friends, and a female sister (of equal pickiness) as I have mentioned before, who don't like the idea of knitted gifts, and the last thing I want to do is force them to smile and accept gifts that they don't actually want. Many of them, however, have told me that they wouldn't mind receiving a sweater from me at some point, but as for this year, at least . . . s'just not gonna happen.

So my revised Christmas list goes more like this . . .

Mom - felted slippers
Dad - hat (my father's actually pleasantly easy to knit for)
Little sister -probably a giftcard to her favorite store in the world
Female friend - arm warmers or a scarf, whichever comes first
Boys:
Giftcard to borders and some other little thing for mister super-picky since I owe him from last year . . .
itunes giftcard for mister medium-picky
and for almost not-so-picky-after all, an anti-scratch case for his Nintendo DS which I shall diligently engineer. (unless, through secret espionage tricks, I find that he is perhaps a little pickier than I thought.)

And of course, my yarn-buddy of a cat is still getting his chinese-food themed toys. I might even try some Japanese thrown in. Maybe.

Anyway, that's how things are looking Christmas-wise. As for me and things for myself, I've got a list for that, too.
First of all, there's that Thermal sweater I want to make from Knitty.com, but I'm also in the market for a second, coarser-gauge sweater to be worn shirt-like in the coming cold.

I guess I should also mention that I fully intend to end this year with my very own ball winder and swift combo - since I just kinda need that sorta thing. (Especially since the yarn for the thermal [Knitpicks Gloss] comes in hanks and so must be wound up.)

It doesn't end there, though - I'm still working on my eggplant pattern - I started and then realized that I had failed to take a couple of things into account beforehand, but it'll be alright . . .

And for the springtime, I have a nugget of an idea for a hoodie cardigan knit in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, one of my favorite yarns to work with. All this and more to come, folks!!

No comments: