Monday, April 6, 2009

Confession Time, Again

Ok.
I've got startitis. For anyone who doesn't know, startitis is a debilitating knitter disease that can strike at any time to bring down the most able-bodied of WIP finishers. Symptoms are characterized by what seems a completely uncontrollable urge to cast on and (often) complete the first part of project, and then, without finishing that first project, casting on for a second. Or a third. I'm up to seven, not counting the two different pairs of gloves that I might frog. For the love of all things fibery, someone save me from myself!!

It's not that I don't love the projects. (I don't love the gloves, and I don't love this particular pair of socks that make me angry for some reason, but that still leaves six other projects that I think are great.) It's just there's something so fulfilling about setting out on another knitting adventure. I love the Laminaria I've been working on, but there's something really exciting about pulling out my brand new cone of Valley Yarns 2/14 Alpaca Silk and whipping out a few rows in that lovely shade of springy green! I could work on my 2-at-a-time socks in my lovely Neighborhood Fiber Company sock yarn, but there's this bright lovely yellow calling my name and begging to be a brand new pair of bright yellow monkey socks.

Maybe it's the colors . . . maybe it's the notion that my Ravelry queue is growing every day and I'm barely getting any relal knitting done - and certainly not enough to offset all the patterns I add in a given week!

Oh well. Homework is for losers, anyway.

No comments: