Sunday, February 10, 2008

WEBS SuperBowl Escape Party

That's where I finished my first ever handknit sock. And I'll always remember it, too, since that is also where and when I got my copy of The Secret Language of Knitters and had it signed by the author, who wrote "To Chelsea and her first sock!" in the front of the book.
It's also where and when several kind people undertook to help me work the kitchener grafting at the toe of my sock, and where everyone clapped and cheered for me when I dashed back into the circle of knitters waving the finished piece around.

I did a little dance. In public.

But it was okay, because everyone around me was a knitter, and they understood the wanton joy of finished-ness.

I also met the coolest nine and eleven year old knitters I have ever met. I want to be like them when I grow up.

No comments: